Project Update

Antennae!

Toothbrush bristles, so much better than wire. Certainly cheaper. Easier to glue in. And they’re more forgiving if you bend them.

And they give the miniature a little extra zing. I think with the gauge of the bristles they also give a better sense of scale to the mechs. Whip antennae are not exactly small, so when you see them on a humanoid figure, it makes them look as big as they’re supposed to be (battlemechs are about 10-15 meters tall)

I’ll clip these down a bit once the glue sets. Too cool!

valkyrie

Btech Phase One Complete

108 mechs (out of 130), prepped and ready for priming and factioning. The top tray will be House Liao, middle is Marik, bottom is Kurita.

Small storage problem that has arisen out of my decision to add toothbrush-bristle antennae to most of the miniatures, I won’t be able to use my GW case for it. But that’s okay! My hardshell Contico rifle case just got retasked to store my battalions.. with not much room to spare. Should be interesting taking it to the Green Dragon the first time.

Update: I’ve got a few with antennas tucked away in the GW case. Will leave them a few days to see how badly the bristles stay bent. I might be able to stuff them in those trays after all.

btechproject1

Btech Project

Finally got started. Nothing flashy, just pinning, de-flashing, and sorting all the mechs into Liao, Kurita, and Marik factions. Got a good kickstart yesterday, and now I only have a handful of metal mechs left to pin.

It’s too bad the early Rifleman designs were so terrible, it’s a bad-ass miniature.

Done with 15mm!

Officially done with 15mm! Dave has his armies back, or will soon. And I can move on to Battletech and other fun stuff.

I’ve got all the pictures for a step-by-step guide of how I painted these guys, that should be up soon.

rifleplatoon_lrifleplatoon_r

Last of the Lilliputians

So I’m down to my final 30 troops in 15mm. About halfway done, and I’m building a stage-by-stage photo record of it as well.

Panzerfausts

Done with the base colors. I’ve identified nearly all of the gear they carry, and what I couldn’t gets a random coat of something ‘container-y’. Next, highlights & shadows. Camo last.


Update 6-18-11: Done! Only problem is, most of the pictures didn’t come out well due to poor lighting. I’ll have to get them back and do the pics properly, and that might not be for a while. Luckily, I still have a rifle platoon to do, so there will be pictures, just not of these guys yet.

fausts2

Another batch

Twenty-two German Panzerfaust troops are coming along nicely. Command Decision sculpts, better than some I’ve seen recently. Randomly doing camo for pants, jackets, both, neither. Should be an interesting toss-up.

German Tank Crew

Update: Finished!

tankcrew_sm

15mm Project

Finally finished the US troops. An effort spanning three years (mostly collecting dust) and representing various stages of quality, sad to say, but I’m not repainting anything just yet. Need to finish the Germans now, about 80 of them, and then move on to my other projects for a while.